Our founder, Andrew Marino, PE opened Advantage Home Inspection in 1988 and later specialized in structural inspection and assessment. He ceased performing home inspections around 2004 when he opened Structural Solutions. He is a Licensed Professional Engineer in New York, New Jersey.
He has a total of 34 years of combined Engineering and Construction experience as detailed below. Mr. Marino obtained his PE license in New Jersey in 1984 and subsequently obtained his NY license.
He is a graduate of Brooklyn Technical High School and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from NY Polytechnic Institute in 1978. He has also completed numerous graduate level courses in Structural Engineering and Construction Management.
Mr. Marino has extensive Engineering and Construction experience and has worked either directly or in a consulting capacity for the following firms:
- General Dynamics Corporation- Electric Boat Division
- Pfizer Chemical, Hoffman LaRoche
- Consolidated Edison of NY, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- New Jersey Transit, Amtrak
- Envirodyne Engineers, NYC DOT, NYC Transit
- Altran Solutions, PSE and G, Reliant Energy
- Sorrentino Development
- The Nicotra Group
- Sordoni Skanska
- Surfside Property Management
- Safer Development
- On Board Engineering, Solvey Solexis, DuPont, Ferro, Pepsi